We all know that it's a great honor to be a bridesmaid but it's also very stressful, can be time consuming and is more than likely going to break the bank a little bit. There's always ways to cut corners when you're asked to be in a wedding to insure you don't go broke just trying to make the bride happy.
1. Help the bride search for bridesmaids dresses and let her know what your budget is. Don't let her pick out a dress that you cannot afford. My friend (who is getting married in June, blog to come on that) recently showed me this great website where you can not only buy cheap dresses but rent them! Check it out HERE.
2. As a bride, go over the cost of things when you ask the girl to be in your wedding. If you are going to want her to pay for hair, make up, jewelry shoes, etc. let all the girls know and don't be mad if they say they can't partake in the wedding.
3. Ask if you can do your own hair or make up.
4. Ask to wear shoes that you already own, choose a color and have all the bridesmaids wear the same color just different shoes. You could save $100+ by not purchasing new shoes.
5. Don't be afraid to say 'no'. If someone asks you to be in their wedding keep in mind that its going to cost you hundreds of dollars to participate, tell them you'd love to be a part of their day, but right now you just can't swing it.
It is a great honor to be in a wedding so whatever you do don't get upset when things get expensive and stressful. Just hope that someday when it's your day to get married these girls will put forth as much money and effort as you did when you were in their bridal party.