template

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

May Wedding in Minnesota

I've known Kate since high school, we actually used to host at a restaurant together, there's never a dull moment with this girl. She is so much fun! And on beautiful Saturday, May 12th, she got married to the man of her dreams. With a Minnesota church ceremony, followed by a modern reception. Here's a glimpse at Kate's day...







A word from the Bride...

The Engagement

I have always loved the holiday season, ever since I was a little girl. Christmas has been my favorite holiday….so with that being said, Adam proposed to me in our apartment on Christmas morning 2010. It was just the 2 of us, as it was our first Christmas together in our first apartment….I had no idea. We had plans to go over to my parents’ house later that morning but we wanted to open gifts earlier that morning in front of our Christmas tree, together. 
After we opened gifts, there was one last one that was hiding behind the tree, and he asked me to open it. After I tore off the wrapping paper, I saw that it was “GAP” gift box…I thought, “great, it was the fuzzy pair of slippers I had my eye on last week that I told him about”….little did I know, there was a smaller box wrapped in tissue, and I immediately FROZE. I just stared at it, and I thought, oh my gosh, this is happening! I looked over at Adam and he had the biggest smile on his face, and he said “open it…” and I opened the box and there was the ring…I started crying and he asked me in a gentle and confident voice “will you marry me Kate?” and I said “yes” to my best friend and the love of my life. Needless to say, it was the best Christmas a girl could ever ask for.

Rings 
Helzberg Diamonds

The Dress
 Vera Wang WHITE from David’s Bridal

Wedding Party Apparel 
Bridesmaid dresses were from J. Crew paired with nude patent leather pumps. Their jewelry was a Ralph Lauren silver ball bracelet and Express earring studs. The guys wore dark grey suits from Jos. A. Bank, and the ties were Kenneth Cole.
Ceremony & Reception
St. Hubert’s Catholic Church in Chanhassen & Lafayette Club on Lake Minnetonka
Photographer
Viveria Photography 

Hair and Make up
Ovations Salon and Spa in Excelsior did my hair, and I hired someone that works at Nordstrom’s to come to my parents’ house and do my makeup.

  What was your favorite part of your wedding day?  
My favorite part of our wedding day was walking down the aisle with my dad…I think that is when it all hit me that I am getting married, today. Right now. Seeing all of our family and friends that we love and adore who support us were standing there. It was one of the most amazing feelings that I have ever felt. Once I saw Adam standing there at the altar, all my nerves were gone and I couldn’t wait to stand by his side and get married.

Who helped you most with the planning of your wedding? 
 I am so grateful that I had such wonderful bridesmaids to help me throughout this whole process. Our engagement was a year and a half long, so I was really able to take my time with the planning, which was really nice. I also had help from my mom, she always had creative ideas that we could incorporate, and she knew the vision that I wanted to create. We also had a couple wedding planners that helped us as well with the schedule of the day’s events and set up of the reception décor.

No comments:

Post a Comment