template

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

An Autumn Affair

I've always thought country, rustic themed weddings were so cute! When I saw my friend Sam's wedding pictures I was so excited to blog about it. The way she incorporated cowboy boots, mason jars and camouflage made her wedding look unbelievable.


















The Proposal
 I will never forget my engagement.  I had been really busy and so Rob said we were going to have a Sam appreciation day (He knew he had to do this so that something didn’t come up with my crazy schedule). All week this day was set aside and I was really excited to see what he had up is sleeve.  (Not thinking engagement at all). I went to school and my Principal (who was in on it) placed an envelope in my mailbox but gave me instructions not to open it until after school. Of course my teaching team was raving that I was getting engaged, but I reminded them how this is just the way he is and he’s a romantic etc. Each clue had something he loved about me, a picture and an inside joke to lead me to the next clue. His sister picked me up and said Rob couldn’t get off work but really wanted to see the hunt so she needed to film it  (still had no idea). The final clue led me to the roof of our house where we first fell in love.  At this point it was pouring rain and our hunt had taken a little longer than he expected. He put a tarp on the roof to keep us out of the rain and inside his little hut was champagne on ice and some very watered down cocktails. Better than I could have imagined!    

The Day
November 17th, 2012

The Rings
Bergstrom Jewelers
Rob’s ring is tungsten.  He plans to get ring tattooed on instead because of the line of work he is in. 

Ceremony and Reception
Ceremony: Guardian Angels, Chaska, MN
Reception:  Waconia Event Center

The Dress
The Wedding Shoppe on Grand Ave. St. Paul, MN. My accessories came from The Brides of France in Edina where the daughter of the company was so encouraging and helpful. The Brides of France truly made my whole wedding experience. These two woman are so knowledgeable in the business and truly care about you as a bride. 

Bridesmaids Dresses
My bridesmaid dresses and all accessories came from Brides of France in Richfield, MN

The Boots
DSW

Hair and Makeup
Lisa Reinhardt:  The Knot Best of Weddings award winner since 2011. Lisa was awesome to work with. I went to her for my consultation (Rosedale) and then she comes on location for your wedding.  Myself and 4 bridesmaids got airbrush makeup, the rest got eyes from her. I also tried her nova lash expertise. I already have pretty long eyelashes, but it was super fun to try eyelash extensions and they were awesome on my honeymoon….didn’t even have to wear mascara!
Hair: My hair lady and dear friend did my hair, my mom’s hair and a bridesmaid.  The rest of my ladies got their hair done by a couple of friends who are going to school for hair. 
Nails: Exotic Nails (Eden Prairie)  They did a great job and let us bring mimosas! 

Florist
Jerry Goetz, she runs a flower business out of her home in Carver, MN. Extremely talented and so flexible!  

Cake
We got a sheet cake from Cost-Co. There were stipulations through our catering company (to which I stayed oblivious to) Our money definitely didn’t go to our cake. The bride and groom got our own two tiered cake made to do the cake cutting and to save. 

Photographer
Matt @ Camelot Photography.
  I highly recommend looking into Camelot. He was so much fun to work with…wasn’t worried about the clock and now I have some amazing photos and the rights to them. 

Transportation
Funbusrides, Belle Plain, MN

 What is one thing you couldn't live without on your day?
When I look back, 3 things:  
My mom, she kept me calm and was the one that made the whole day possible and is also my best friend.
My personal attendant, I have known her for 16 years.  She is like a second mom to me and truly knew how to take care of everything I needed before I even knew I needed it! I recommend choosing someone very dear to you that has been around the block.
My seamstress, her name is Jerry Kuecks and she is out of Waconia. This hidden gem has been named the Fairy Godmother and has been featured on the news as well as in the newspaper. http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/120499129.html?refer=y
She has made prom dresses possible for girls who cannot afford one and does really cool things for the military. You should read her article. This lady altered my dress and then let me come back to bug her because I felt there was something just not right with my dress. She and I decided (2 days before the big day) to take the big bow that had originally been on my sash off and it made a huge difference. She also came and tied my dress down at the church. There was no one who could tie my dress the way she did! So grateful she came to me on my special day. She is truly a saint. 


 What is one memory you wont forget about your big day?
The moment I saw Rob for the first time! We staged a first sighting photo. I was super against this at first because I really wanted him to see me for the first time when I was coming down the aisle. In all honesty, having all those people between you and him takes away from that moment a little so I’m really glad we did it solo.

What advice do you give to other brides planning their wedding?
Surround yourself with people you get a good vibe from! Don’t just book someone to book them. I was so lucky to have discovered some really awesome people that are very talented at what they do.   Try and take in every moment. Everyone tells you that the day goes super fast and it’s a blur….they’re right. Take a moment with your hubby to look out at everyone eating at the reception.  It’s a great feeling to know they are all there in support of you two. Try and savor the little parts of planning because it flies by. 
 


1 comment:

  1. Aww... I never heard the whole engagement story.. So Cute! I love a good engagement. <3

    ReplyDelete